Marketing & content management
Creative Manager, January 2019 - Present
Marathon Digital is a revolutionary social media company representing Broadway shows and other live entertainment clients in New York City and around the world. Marathon specializes in social media marketing, video production, and app design.
As the Creative Manager of the company, Chris has developed the content for a variety of clients including Hamilton, Hadestown, Ain't Too Proud, the Drama Desk Awards hosted by Michael Urie, Freestyle Love Supreme, Slave Play, The Inheritance, The Cher Show, Be More Chill, Frankie & Johnny starring Audra McDonald and Michael Shannon, Lea Salonga, Jordan Roth/Jujamcyn, Center Theatre Group, Atlantic Theater Company and many more.
In addition to igniting attention across social media platforms, the content has been featured in Rolling Stone, on Good Morning, America and beyond.
Chris's responsibilities as the Creative Manager include:
● Oversee content direction and ideation from conception to final product
● Lead team of videographers, editors and designers & manage the creative vision and logistical flow of each project
● Line produce & direct video/photo shoots including pre-production storyboarding, budget & equipment management, talent coordination, scheduling, directing the shoot, and post production supervision
● Alongside Director of Client Services, ensure all client needs, budgets and deliverables are being met. Manage Statement of Work documents for special projects and clients as needed.
Watch recent highlights of the video content Chris has developed below:
Manager of Events & Strategic Partnerships, Nov. 2017 - Jan. 2019
Marketing Associate, Dec. 2016 - Nov. 2017
Marketing Assistant, Aug. 2013 - Aug. 2015 (remote), Aug. 2016 - Dec. 2016
Marketing Intern, April 2013 - Aug. 2013
Davenport Theatrical Enterprises was founded in 2004 by Tony Award-winning Broadway and Off-Broadway Producer Ken Davenport. Broadway productions have included the Tony Award-winning Once On This Island, Gettin’ The Band Back Together, Deaf West’s Spring Awakening, It’s Only a Play, Macbeth with Alan Cumming, Kinky Boots (Tony Award), Godspell, and The Play That Goes Wrong among many others.
Since its inception, Davenport Theatrical Enterprises has founded companies which include DTE Management, a general management division for both Broadway and Off-Broadway; the group sales agency Your Broadway Genius Group Sales; and several other projects, including Be A Broadway Star, the only Broadway-themed board game, and Did He Like It?, the review aggregating website and smartphone app. The Producer’s Perspective, Ken’s daily blog on Broadway producing and membership site for artists, has been featured in Vanity Fair, New York Magazine, and more.
Chris began at Davenport Theatrical as an intern. Upon completion of his internship, he was hired to work remotely from school assisting with a variety of digital marketing tasks. Chris ascended from a marketing assistant to associate to a managerial role over a short period of time.
During his career at Davenport, Chris:
● Worked alongside Marketing Director to conceive and execute marketing strategy & campaigns (print, digital, event marketing, etc.)
● Managed copywriting, design and subscriber list for several email marketing initiatives
● Managed writing press releases and press outreach
● Managed copywriting, design and management of print collateral including several direct mail campaigns
● Managed and reported on Facebook Ads, Google Ads and SEO
● Oversaw development of partnerships to leverage ad sales, giveaways and promotions
● Oversaw event planning and management
● Oversaw social media, blog and podcast content including content ideation, asset coordination, copywriting, and community management